Saturday, September 28, 2013

Path Towards a Career in Writing

Well, I decided to start off my path towards a career in writing by going through a writing workshop on my own. Hmm, so for a start I'm gonna attempt to write a book review and I got the idea of doing such from what popped out of my online research about interesting blog topic ideas back then. Damn, I'm not really a girl of many opinions and I just don't know how am I gonna survive this challenge of writing a book review not to mention that I have a funny feeling that no one out there cares of what I think about basically anything to begin with. Hmm, I'm gonna try to write a book review about this book which happens to be one of the books in my mini-library. I mean, I think I have mentioned in my previous post that I'm reading one of the books in my mini-library that is written in the national language of this country where I live in. Yeah, I thought so.

Hmm, unfortunately I'm not disclosing the title of this book and also the author who wrote it. I mean, I need to keep such information to myself in order to make the world a better place to live in. Well, I think I have mentioned in my previous post that this book is more on the adventures and misadventures of being a student with a twist of humor in it and I have to say that the book was really entertaining. Hmm, the narrator of the book's story was basically having a trip way back memory lane and it dates back to the beginning of his career as a student towards the end of his career as a student towards his short-term career as a teacher. If I'm not mistaken the book was written in such a way to make it's readers laugh. Or maybe the author was simply naturally funny and his sense of humor was effortlessly reflected in the book or something. Hmm, I guess so.

Well, I have to say that I wasn't able to relate to some parts of the book maybe 'coz the author and I were born in different generations. Hmm, actually the real identity of this author that I'm talking about remains a question mark up to this day. I mean, this author was featured on a Sunday evening television magazine program and if my memory serves me right when the author's publisher was interviewed the publisher said that this author that I am talking about would rather keep one's real identity a question mark 'coz the said author wants to live a quiet and peaceful life. Well, those weren't really the exact words but that's how I understand it. Hmm, if my memory serves me right the segment featuring this said author was concluded that this author that I am talking about is a real person and not a fictitious character so so much about the said author. LOL.

You know what? While reading this book that I am talking about I have to say that I somehow miss being a student not to mention that one of the few things that I learned my whole damn life is to go to school and now that my student career is somewhat over I'm here left clueless on what am I gonna do with my damn life in the real world everybody knows. Well, I want to be a writer. It's just that it seems like that dream is an inch away from impossible and only what God can give me is the chance to make-believe that I'm working as an amateur writer online. Hmm, maybe I'm just up until living my dreams or shall I say frustrations even just inside the four walls of my room. Well, I have to say that a part of me is still wishing for a miracle though. Hmm, whatever.

Oh, the book was expressed in slang language so it wasn't that difficult to understand. I mean, I just remembered my copies of two of the novels written by the national hero of this country where I live in. Well, the copy I have is written in the national language of this country where I live in. It's just that it was written in such a formal way that it's sort of a challenge to understand when I tried to read those two novels way back high school. I mean, I really have a problem when it comes to reading books that belong to classics. Well, maybe 'coz I grew up with the modern language or something. You know what? I'm really wondering if am I writing in English in such a way that it's only me who can understand. LOL. Well, if my memory serves me right some people say that it's okay to have many changes in a certain language 'coz it means the said language is evolving which means it's still alive. Hmm, that's how I understand it. LOL. Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment